Monday, September 8, 2008

A "Thank You" to a Few of Mike's Favorite Friends, Blogs and Sites

Please allow me to send heartfelt greetings to "MainStreetMom" over at the Daily Earful for her continued patronage and readership. Frankly, I am stunned by any repeat visitor.

If reading this drivel once does not dissuade you, then you're my kind of guest!

"MSM" has a youngster and a wealth of tips and experiences to share with families and Disneyphiles concerning her frequent trips to that "other" park in the Far East (Florida, that is). She also keeps tabs on all things Disney, even broken down Jungle skippers who remain trapped in the 1980s. If you haven't stopped by, I recommend you get out of my boat this minute, scroll over to the column on the right and click on the Daily Earful. I don't list all those things over there just for "filler!"

Thanks, too, to Kevin Kidney for his recent visits. If you do not have any of Kevin's art pieces relating to Disneyland, or haven't paid a visit to his blog, then don't blame me if I stop speaking to you altogether. Really! And you call yourself a Disney fan with 80s sensibilities! Sheesh.

Jason at Eightiesology is another visitor who has a blog worth mentioning to all those with any affinity for the 1980s. Say hello for me if you decide to check in with him!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets consistently posts quality Disneyland goodies. If you're the kind of person who saved every souvenir guide, ticket stub and flier from every trip you ever took to Disneyland (let's say that I have a few of these items myself), why haven't you stopped and checked out this blog?! Fabulous! One of the privileged few who really "get it" when it comes to the Park.

I am but a tropical knucklehead, feverishly moaning in a camp besieged by gorillas, compared to the likes of Vintage, Outside the Berm, 2719 Hyperion, Daveland, Disneyland Nomenclature, Viewliner Ltd., Yesterland and other authors and sitekeepers. They're all over on the right, so hyperlink to them already, won'tcha?!

Last, but not least, thanks to Mom, who signs in 3,000 times a day just to keep my Sitemeter reading high and help me to live the fantasy that this stuff I post gets read by more than 3 people. Moms are great.

If I've left you off this post, it's because I have a very poor memory and worse social skills. Don't worry, your credit will come some day, I'm sure. I apologize in advance.

As for you devoted readers, the four of us have got to get together someday for a Dole Pineapple Whip.

--Mike

10 comments:

Ryan P. Wilson said...

Mike,

Your unique take on history, fantastic images, stories, and memorabilia make 101 a must daily read. I hope that you've only just skimmed the surface, because you present a truly great read. Thanks!

~Ryan

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Wow, I famous now! Thanks for the nice words! Hey, a big thanks to your mom too, my mom does the same thing for my blog!

Keep up the great work, I love your perspective on all things Disneyland!

John3 said...

Mike, as a disney fan since a very young age (now 41) I enjoy reading your stories so much. Reminds me of some of the stores in the Mouse Tales book...


John

Mike said...

Ryan:

The Main Street Gazette is a wonderful blog and I could not hope to hold a candle to it (for fear it might catch fire). I promise to keep skimming the surface for more stuff, like a sunbleached pool guy in the aftermath of a Santana Wind.

Vintage:

Fame at "Jungle is 101" is quite relative. In fact, it's mostly relatives who read this (and that's only because I forcibly feedburn their email accounts). By all means, keeping digging and sharing your treasures on your blog!

John:

I am cyber-blushing. You realize you've posted to "Jungle is 101," right?! You are welcome aboard my boat any day---just sit toward the back, though. You'll get a longer trip that way!

--Mike

outsidetheberm said...

Rest assured, Mike, you've probably got more daily readers than you know.

I only wish there were more hours in the day to peruse all the great offerings out there in 'nether land'. There are some sharp folks out there hidden behind their keyboards!

Karen said...

Mike,

I feel like I'm in the best of company. Keep up the great work and thanks for the mention.

=) Karen

ness said...

I am so happy to have found your blog as I am a fan of Disneyland. Ever since I was 7 years old and now I am 47.

I will be coming back to read some more about Disneyland, because it was my childhood dream to someday see Disneyland.

Mike said...

Ness,

Drop in anytime. You are definitely in my demographic!

I am one of man who feel that, if Disneyland doesn't touch you in a positive way, maybe you're not breathing or something and we should call 911!

In the fun-filled amusement park that is "Modern Life," I am thankful for the joys that the theme park known as "Disneyland" has given me (and continues to give me and my family). We need to see joy, childhood, fantasy, happiness, and the many things that Disneyland represents, reaffirmed in this world---which can otherwise appear quite dark at times!

Here's to Disneyland!

Dr.china said...

Thanks Mike! Although I am the first time here but your efforts make this community a great library.

Mike said...

Dr. China:

Please stop and visit any time. Feel free to sit a spell and take in the vast, wild scenery of "Jungle is 101."

Thanks!

--Mike