- does anything else come close to a view of the castle as you're walking down Main Street?
- are the ducks in the Rivers of America among the luckiest in the world?
- does anything beat warm popcorn fresh from the pan at any of the Park's popcorn carts?
- could you just ride Big Thunder over and over (and still have a blast?)?
- does hitting the target above the mine in the Frontierland shooting gallery give you one of the best animated results in the place?
- is the buffet in Storytellers over at the Grand Californian one of the best "fast food" options around the park?
- is the tiny Pinocchio's village at Storybookland just begging to be looked at more closely, no matter how many times you've seen it?
- is the Park looking cleaner overall as you walk through it lately?
- does the Swiss Family need to regroup and launch a raid to kick Tarzan out of their treehouse?
- are admission prices getting a little wacky? A family of four needs to open an escrow just to get in these days, seems to me.
- have the parades been a little predictable and flat? We need more energy, creativity and effective use of the characters!!
- does Mr. Smee's pants make his butt look big?
- is Minnie in her cute pumps and skirt simply irresistible?
- is it about time to hit the buzzer at Club 33 and announce that our party has arrived for drinks and dinner?
- is it always the case that the hotter the day, the more crowded the line and the less the amount of available airflow, the more likely I am to be standing behind a guy from a country where the powerful effectiveness of deodorant has yet to be discovered or accepted?
- isn't the Tiki Room lanai something you NEED to build in your backyard? Come on over for a barbeque and some mai tais!
- do the current batch of tram operators have difficulty clearly enunciating over the PA microphone? (Hello, welco...board...isneylan...tram...hands...arms...well back in your seats...driver, your turn is clear...lef han si and lef han si, only...)
- is there anything worse than a Jungle skipper whose PA mike volume is turned up way too high? (Think the adults who speak in Charlie Brown cartoons);
- does Toontown need a paint job? How about a do-over?
- has Buzz Lightyear worn out his welcome in the Circle Vision Theater building?
- shouldn't the Peoplemover, at the very least, be allowed to make a comeback? (Later we can talk about the Skyway...)
- does Adventureland/Frontierland need another restroom facility?
- does using the Plaza Pavillion for an annual pass photograph station rather than a restaurant seem like a colossal waste?
- is the smell from the corn dog wagon dangerously intoxicating?
- can we be done with Fantasmic now and go back to evenings of a little peace, quiet and jazz in New Orleans Square? (Hey, how 'bout moving Fantasmic over to the Disneyland Hotel? Just a thought.)
- is the old Tahitian Terrace and Aladdin show location kind of a waste of space currently? Um...let's think about putting something of value in here, eh?
- does everyone use the little walkway from Frontierland to Plaza Gardens to avoid pedestrian traffic jams?
- does the hair stand up on the back of your neck, too, during the flag retiring ceremony on Main Street when the armed services are acknowledged and the Disneyland Band plays patriotic tunes?
- does every Disney merchandise location sell exactly the same stuff as every other Disney merchandise location, inside the Park and out?
- have you, too, had enough of this silly list?
Disneyland in the 1980s. Disneyland Cast Members. The Jungle Cruise. Adventureland. All things Tiki. The world view of a former Cast Member. Other stuff. [Copyright 2011 by M.S. Kelly; all rights reserved]
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Disneyland - Is it just me or...?
Is it just me or...
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)